Your support can be the spark that lights up someone's creative potential!
I believe the most important aspect NCGC provides with their classes is the direct access to the artists who work there. The support programs create an environment to develop strong relationships with many talented artists for collaboration & many educational opportunities. This has allowed not only myself, but so many others to confidently come into the glass community in various ways. I feel this access is so essential to share the fascinating art of glass, while providing a location for artists to grow their own potential. -NCGC Artist, Meghan Carroll
As we approach the end of another inspiring year at the North Carolina Glass Center, we want to take a moment to express our gratitude for your unwavering support and commitment to our mission of educating, exploring and collaborating. In 2023, we achieved remarkable progress in our efforts to make the world of glass art more inclusive and accessible:
- Artist Opportunities: Emerging and working artists took classes with us, rented our subsidized studios, mentored, instructed, and showcased their work in our galleries. Artists took home over $320k in combined additional income through NCGC, and rented over 2,500 studio hours.
- Youth Empowerment: This year over 30 youth had the opportunity to explore their creative potential through our youth glass art programs. Your support helped us provide mentorship and materials to these budding artists, allowing them to discover their artistic voices.
- Veteran Healing: Our glass art therapy program for veterans continued to thrive. Through this program, over 50 veterans (and their families) found solace and healing as they channeled their experiences into glass creations. Your contributions directly improved the lives of those who have served our country.
- BIPOC Artistry: We are committed to promoting diversity in the world of glass art and welcomed Hoseok Youn as our first annual BIPOC Artist-in-Residence.
To continue our transformative work in 2024, we need your support more than ever. Your donation of can help us:
- Expand our facilities to a second NCGC location in Black Mountain, set to open in 2024! This space will offer quality equipment, dedicated workshops, and professional and economic opportunities for our artists.
- Provide scholarships to underserved youth eager to explore the world of glass art.
- Ensure that veterans continue to find solace and healing through our therapeutic programs.
- Champion the artistic expressions of BIPOC individuals in our national glass community.
We invite you to be part of this journey with us!
We make it easy to give. You can make a secure donation by using the button at the bottom of this page. Consider making it a recurring donation. A monthly gift would mean so much to us this year and spreading out your gift over time allows you to help us without breaking your budget! If you don’t want to give online, you can send a check to us:
North Carolina Glass Center | PO Box 829 | Asheville NC | 28802
North Carolina Glass Center is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Gifts are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. EIN: 47-2611822
Did you know? Many employers match employee gifts! Check with your workplace to see if they have a Matching Gift Program, and you could double your donation to North Carolina Glass Center. If you have any questions about donating, please contact our Executive Director, or call 828.505.3552.